April 10, 2020
Alert: India Coronavirus Update
Today, [April 10], in view of the ongoing festivals, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has directed all States/UTs to ensure strict compliance of lockdown measures to fight COVID-19 and not allow any social/religious gathering/procession. See press release here.
The Punjab government also announced it would extend the coronavirus lockdown till May 1, becoming the second state after Odisha to do so, amid rising number of coronavirus cases due to community transmission.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a 5th Addendum to exempt Operations of Marine Fishing/Aquaculture Industry and its Workers from Lockdown Restrictions to fight COVID-19. See press release here.
Non-Government Stakeholders in Action
- United is working to repatriate travelers who are stranded abroad in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Link to press release here.
- PepsiCo India commits over 5 million meals and 25,000 COVID-19 testing kits. See press release here.
- SAP has made significant long term investments in business continuity programs and has granted open access to their technologies. In light of this, SAP is holding a webinar on ‘Supply Chain disruption is a reality. Let’s deal with it, together’ on April 16, 2020 from 3.30 PM to 4.15 PM IST. Please click here for any further information on the same and to register.
- Johns Hopkins experts offer best practices for protecting your health, the health of others, and preventing the spread of coronavirus. Link to all resources here.
- ITC has launched new sanitizer under the Savlon brand to tackle COVID-19. See report here.