USISPF is a Washington DC headquartered non-profit organization that works to strengthen the partnership between US and India. The Forum is committed to creating the most powerful strategic partnership between the U.S. and India.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
As the Associate/manager for the healthcare sector, this position will support a broad policy portfolio focused on pharmaceuticals, medical devices & Diagnostics, develop expertise and remain current on policy developments in the portfolio, identify key issues, prepare background briefs, engage key stakeholders and assist & lead in the planning of policy discussions/ Stakeholder meetings and initiatives. This position reports to the India Managing Director of the US India Strategic Partnership Forum.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Analyze the existing regulatory environment, craft and effectively deliver a coordinated advocacy strategy that helps mitigate risks thereby playing a pivotal role in catalyzing sustainable growth for the business. Real time tracking of new developments within the portfolio by reading trade press, GOI websites, US Government and other sources.
- Work with external stakeholders and experts to determine potential opportunities and regulatory issues arising from such changes that may affect the members, their operating models, products and clients. In addition, engage with Centre, state and community economic development workforce, and other key, officials as well as other key public/private stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate meetings between USISPF members and key stakeholders, including the government, regulators and alliance partners to promote and advocate on issues at hand.
- Manage programs and events within the portfolio. This includes creating budgets and securing sponsorship/registration funds and keeping a track.
- Contribute to public policy and advocacy activity within USISPF, which will include coordinating and drafting responses to public consultation papers, position papers and speaking notes for company representation in conferences, panels, round tables etc.
- Participating in industry associations and other industry group work on regulatory change including contributing to industry association responses to consultation papers.
- Ensure that all member companies assigned to the portfolio are regularly engaged with Forum. This includes soliciting their policy views, joining them in government meetings, and polling members on key issues. The Manager must develop multiple points of contact within member companies, flag potential issues with membership renewal, and assist with the timely collection of membership fees.
- Work with the Director to grow the Forum by researching potential new members and following up with prospects.
- Contribute in preparing knowledge papers, Reports, Position papers and other sectoral representations.
- 2-3 years of experience related to the healthcare sector. Prior consulting/advocacy work in the sector is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A basic familiarity/understanding of India’s culture, political structure, government functioning and business environment is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel is required.
- Fluent written and spoken English is necessary. Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing, speaking, and client relations are required.
Please write to Shruti Nagpal at firstname.lastname@example.org with your detailed CV.